Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17th: I replanted my cauliflower. Noticed that some of my other plants had been nibbled on too. Guess I'll keep them closed for a while. Cold weather coming anyway.

Transplanted chilies from crate to cups because some bug was eating them at night. Dumped that mulch outside.

Spaded three more rows and helped Ethan build a small green house for his flowers.

March 18th: I finished helping Ethan with his greenhouse and he helped me with a little one for my garden. My primary greenhouse is facing West (next to worst direction) so this small one will allow my plants to receive much more sun during the day. Then I will move their crates inside for warmth at night.

Kohlrabi is coming up in furrow outside and all of the kale planted the same day is up inside. Most of the first batch of tomatoes are up and second batch of chilies are thinking about it.

March 19th: It snowed 2 inches over night and is quite cold today but the plants all seem to be doing fine.

March 20th: Got down to 23 degrees last night but plants survived.

No comments:

Post a Comment