Sunday, May 13, 2012


So I think I have about everything in the ground. Of course I still have a couple batches of corn to plant but otherwise everything is planted.

About a week ago I planted a row of sorghum that Dad gave me (Happy Birthday Dad). They should give my beans something to climb on and provide some good bird watching opportunities in the fall. Oh and they are a nice treat. That reminds me--I still have to plant some more beans.

This week I put out some more cabbage, finished of the chili and tomato rows, replaced some plants that died, planted some cucumbers, cantaloupe, watermelon, and (what the heck) a couple hills of eggplant. Also planted a row of bell peppers since I can't figure out which of my remaining chili plants are bells.





This is my normal week for putting in the garden. It is sure nice to be eating veggies instead of just planting them. Now it is time for that long wait until the first tomato sets and then eventually ripens. At least I can chew on some lettuce, spinach, chard, or peas while I wait.






Roses, chives, and thyme are blooming. I even planted a few flowers (ones you cant eat) for Laura for Mother's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment